Wednesday, May 7, 2014

House Hunting in Tennessee

Congratulations to Tyler on his first official day as a NISSAN employee! Yahoo!!

With this exciting new stage of his life comes many new adventures for us- starting with the search for our house!!! This week, we flew to Tennessee so Tyler could start work and so that we could look for houses.
The house hunting has not been easy, and has even been a little emotional haha. Not only is house hunting itself a bit stressful, but the reality that we are moving across the country is sinking in. It's not always easy to plan to say good bye to family and friends that we have been minutes away from. I'm leaving my family, my nursing girls, and even say good bye to my last semester at BYU as I plan to be a "transient/visiting" student at MTSU to finish my nursing degree. There are so many changes that are happening it is hard to keep up. On top of this, I am also leaving for India in two weeks!! So is this time difficult? Yes. However, all of these changes are good things. Going to India, moving to Tennessee, buying a house, and finishing nursing school are all huge opportunities for growth. These are opportunities for me to become a better person, and for my husband and I to have an even better relationship.
(Don't mind my vertical videoing)
So far, we have looked at, what seems to be, a hundred houses. We have seen brand new and old, in neighborhoods and on country land, and the whole variety.. What makes me really happy is that the homes we are most drawn to are the ones in the COUNTRY- as seen above. Another great part is that it truly is beautiful everywhere we go so I don't know how we could go wrong.
We are looking for a home that is:
  • 3 bedroom 2 bathroom
  • On some land if possible
  • One that has a great kitchen (of course that was my input)
  • A house that we can see ourselves hanging out on the 4th of July. . . 
  • One that brings a peaceful feeling
  • etc.
You may ask what the 4th of July has to do with anything. Well, since we officially move out to Tennessee on June 25th, our first holiday will be the 4th of July!!! So, naturally we decided that this would be part of the criteria. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment